Friday, February 5, 2010

no frills friday

Are you ready to be offered? The question posed by Oswald this morning, in his devotional My Utmost for His Highest.
"Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of
your faith, I joy and rejoice with you all."
(Phil. 2:17)
"Suppose God wants to teach you to say, 'I know how to be abased'
are you ready to be offered up like that? Are you ready to be not so much
as a drop in the bucket-to be so hopelessly insignificant that you are never
thought of again in connection with the life you served?"
(Oct. 5th devo.)
Lord, I am learning that this is Your story. I'm learning more and more that this is not about me. I'm learning that everything that comes to us in this life, (good, bad, strength, weakness), are all assets to you. So, no matter what you have for me-be it seen by many, or completely unnoticed-I want it.
I know it is your will that I do Kingdom work. And I know-as I try to be obedient to you-You will give me the work that was prepared in advance for me to do. I am honored to be a part of Your story. I pray that whatever I am given to do, I will do it "in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ".
In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I sometimes wonder if I can be the "____" if I'm ever called by Him to do so. I want to be the best "____" I can be, but do I have it in me? Am I "____" material?

    Every time I as that questions I hear a resounding "Yes! When the time comes my dear girl, you will be able to do it. I will give you the strength. The question is not... Are you able? The question is... Are you willing?"

    ReplyDelete